[kaffe] unable to run programs using kaffe on my arm board.

Rohit will.u.tellmemore at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 23:46:26 PDT 2008

Hi All,
  I am trying to use kaffe on my arm board. The tool chain that i am
 using is   armv5tel-redhat-linux-gnueabi-. I have successfully cross
 compiled dependencies and kaffe.But when i try to run simple
 helloworld program i get this msg :

 "Couldn't find or load essential class `java/lang/Object'
 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException java/lang/Object
 Aborted  "

 I am specifying classpath using -cp/-classpath. to location where i
 have installed cross compiled gnu classpath .
 When i compile and use it on host machine(x86 box), it works.

 Will somebody let me know what must have gone wrong with my setup on arm board.

 ./java --help works , so is it safe to assume cross compilation was
 successful at least ?? And this issue is only  with class not found
 for some mess in paths used.

 How would i go ahead with debugging this problem ?? How can i print
 complete path where it is trying to find that class. Coz glibj.zip in
 classpath installation has this class.

 --Rohit