[kaffe] [Fwd: GNU Classpath 0.95 "Take Five" released]

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Apr 23 06:00:46 PDT 2007

Hi team,

there is a new GNU Classpath version. Since this one merges in the
generics branch, we'll need to upgrade
our requirements to use either ecj or javac for the build, i.e. we'll
have to drop support for jikes, as it does not
implement Java 1.5 language constructs, and there is no sign of anyone
adding those features for jikes (or doing any real work on it over the
past two years).

Alternatively, we could remove GNU Classpath from our tree, and require
the user to build it first, and then build Kaffe using that version. I
do not know if jikes can parse bytecode from compilers for Java 1.5, but
that's the only way I'd see jikes support remaining available. That'd be
my preferred option for 1.1.8, fwiw. :)