[kaffe] Kaffe Project Status

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Nov 27 09:34:45 PST 2006

Nektarios K. Papadopoulos wrote:

> I was just lurking since my embarrassing false bug report[1] several
> months ago ;-)

Hi Nektarios,

argh, embarassing you wasn't the intent, I just could not reproduce it,
afair. My apologies if it came accross that way. :/

> But I've never lost interest in Kaffe so I'd like to state interest in
> this particular feature.
> Last year we switched to using JamVM in our embedded platform, so
> having the ability to run Kaffe with a preinstalled Classpath might
> give a chance to smoothly switch back to Kaffe.
>
> So count me on helping/testing to this direction.

Thanks! I've been feeding our patches back upstream to GNU Classpath on
the weekend, and now have one change left over to
test, and then I can synchronize Kaffe with Classpath again, and make
sure it will work with the upcoming 0.93 release of Classpath
without much fuss.

Currently, there is still a part of the native libs that I need to drag
around otherwise (native math code), and getting rid of that will make
reuse of unmodified Classpath installs much easier.