[kaffe] Kaffe on ppc (Slackintosh Linux 2.6.x)

Michael Koch konqueror at gmx.de
Thu Jun 29 10:08:53 PDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 06:34:09PM +0200, gioco wrote:
> Thank you for the report.
> I think that kaffe on Linux ppc would be a good thing, because Sun's VM
> is not avaible. I'm coding some Swing applications and I would like to
> run them on Linux ppc, too. Is there a way to do this?
> I like gcj, but it lacks on Swing support.
> I'm also interested in SWT, and I'm thinking about a migration from
> Swing to SWT, but it could be a really long work.

GCJ 4.1.1 has afaik mostly the same Swing support then kaffe has. If you
need some thing more recent use GNU classpath directly with some VM like
jamvm or cacao. The problem with kaffe is that that it has so loooooong
release cycles (Dalibor: *hint* *hint* *hint*).

Cheer,
Michael

http://www.worldforge.org/