[kaffe] Playing with slots.h and "Internal error"

S K sk4list at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 15 13:46:26 PDT 2006

I was playing around with the slots codes and tried to add a new members to the _slots struct to
change it to

typedef struct _slots {
        union {
                jint            tint;
                jword           tword;
                jlong           tlong;
                jfloat          tfloat;
                jdouble         tdouble;
                void*           taddr;
                char*           tstr;
        } v;
        jword abcd;
} slots;

Even though the JVM code compiles, when I try to run a simple java code, I get an internal error:

Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/ExceptionInInitializerError
   at java.util.HashSet.<init> (HashSet.java:138)
   at java.security.CodeSource.<init> (CodeSource.java:97)
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/NullPointerException
   at java.util.HashSet.<init> (HashSet.java:138)
   at java.security.CodeSource.<init> (CodeSource.java:97)
Aborted

Could anyone kindly explain why I am getting this and what I should be doing to correct this?

Thanks,
SK