[kaffe] Does Kaffe's JIT support ARM?

Jari Korva jpkorva at iki.fi
Thu Oct 27 01:15:00 PDT 2005

Hi,

your problems looks the same that I observed on XScale IXP:

http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2005-August/103210.html

I have tried many gc and thread configurations but have not been able to
find a working combination so I'm still using Kaffe cvs version from
2004-11-11, which seems to work best. I hope you have more time for
debugging than I do!

I also found out that old Boehm gc versions do not work on ARM:

http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/rwagner/pyblosxom.cgi/computers/freejava/gcj-on-arm.html

I suppose Kaffe is not using the most recent version?

Cheers,
  Jari