[kaffe] Re: Build fail for nb-1.6

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sat May 14 09:29:25 PDT 2005

Riccardo wrote:
> In <200505131101.j4DB1pCW019946 at snoopy.src.ricoh.co.jp> Kiyo Inaba
> wrote:
>
>>I installed libiconv pkg for this machine. But, it failed to find
>>iconv.h. So I add --with-includes and --with-libraries configuration
>>options, and then it looks ok.
>>
>>But, one question is raised. Since, '/usr/pkg/include' or '/usr/pkg/
>>lib' are the default places to put packages on netbsd, why shall I
>>explicitly specify these paths?
>

> I asked that myself too, dalibor says it could create problems... also /
> usr/local/* is a common place to put stuff in...

I am currently working my way throught the jni header remerge with
classpath, and will then proceed chronologcally to merge the rest of the
patches since the last sync point (23th April) in, push our patches
upstream, etc. I believe that the classpath fixes for iconv will fix
that particular problem. I'm sorry for taking so much time to do this ;(