[kaffe] Assertions

Daniel Bonniot Daniel.Bonniot at inria.fr
Fri Apr 1 04:23:52 PST 2005

Hi,

Here are two annoyances with assertions on kaffe. I don't think either is
critical, but it would be nice to have them fixed eventually.

Here is the testcase:

public class Test
{
     assert false;
   }
}

1) kaffe always evaluates assertions. I don't see a way to disable them. (For
reference, they are off by default in the JDK)

2) when compiling this with JDK1.5, the generated bytecode crashes kaffe.
According to Dalibor this is because of the new ldc bytecode for loading class
literals. I attach the generated class, for people who don't have jdk1.5 at all.

Daniel