[kaffe] ClassFormatError

Pinaki Mukherjee pinaki2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 18:44:46 PDT 2004

Hi Dalibor,

thanks for the reply. I am using version 1.1.4. I think I am using the correct class file (it's called Main.class). I even tried running all of the other class files (in case I was wrong), but all of them resulted in the same error.

Anybody has any idea on how to correctly run the SpecJVM benchmarks using Kaffe?

Pinaki

Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org> wrote:
Pinaki Mukherjee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting the following error message while trying to run specJVM98
> benchmark programs in Kaffe.

Hi Pinaki,

which Kaffe version do you use?

> java.lang.ClassFormatError: spec/benchmarks/_201_compress/Main (wrong
> name: Main)

> I checked the first bytes of the class file. It's CAFEBABE in hex. What
> can be wrong?

A lot ;) The error message seems to indicate that Main is a wrong name,
You may want to investigate the class file for that, and check out
FAQ.debugging for information on debugging kaffe.

http://mail.yahoo.com