[kaffe] java.lang.StackOverflowError on many ppc regression tests ...

Djordje Nikolic dmn at ict-tower.com
Sat Nov 20 06:27:05 PST 2004

Hi,

There are 12 failed regression tests currently on ppc with cvs HEAD.
I think Riccardo reported something similar.

Most noticeable is that this doesn't work:

try { ((Object)null).toString(); } catch(NullPointerException e) { }

It gets java.lang.StackOverflowError,
and it's a reason for many regress failures.

Apparently when nullExceptions() handler is called but ctx pointer
points to something that's not struct sigcontext and so test:

if (current_thread != NULL && stackptr <= current_thread->stackMin)

works, because stackptr is wrong, and stackOverflowHandler is called...

When using this patch, on ppc/linux/intrp/pthreads, I'm down to 3
regression failures.

Don't know if this patch is all that is to it, but it kinda works... :)

Regards,