[kaffe] solars sparc network interface failure (and others)

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sun May 23 14:56:03 PDT 2004

Riccardo wrote:
> The content of the failure is:
> shadowfax% more NetworkInterfaceTest.fail
> kaffe.util.NotImplemented: OS doesn't support getifaddrs()
>    at java.net.NetworkInterface.getRealNetworkInterfaces (
> NetworkInterface.java)
>    at java.net.NetworkInterface.getNetworkInterfaces (NetworkInterface.
> java:196)
>    at NetworkInterfaceTest.main (NetworkInterfaceTest.java:23)

That's an invitation to fix the problem on your platform ;) See
libraries/clib/net/NetworkInterface.c.

I've tried to make it an explicitely XFAIL'ed test on platforms without
getifaddrs, but that doesn't work. Linux, for example, has a replacement
function in kaffe's source that works quite nicely. So you should write
such a replacement function for solaris (or find a GPL compatible one,
google is quite good for that).

You could also take a look at how gcj does it with ioctl calls, and port
that over to kaffe. See
http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/libjava/java/net/natNetworkInterfacePosix.cc?annotate=1.1.14.1
for details.