[kaffe] Bug Report for ServerSocket giwing IOException on accept "Protocol not available"

Йордан Неделчев jorgo17 at abv.bg
Thu May 13 11:08:20 PDT 2004

  Hello. Sorry for disturbing you.
  I think I have just found a bug in kaffe Java Virtual Machine.

  The example program that I used to reproduce the BUG is

  import java.net.ServerSocket;
---------------------------------------
      1
      2 import java.net.ServerSocket;
      3
      4 public class Server
      5 {
      6   public static void main(String[] argv) throws Exception
      7   {
      8     ServerSocket ss = new ServerSocket( 3000);
      9     ss.accept();
     10   }
     11 };
---------------------------------------

And the output I receive:

---------------------------------------
$ /usr/lib/kaffe/bin/javac Server.java
$ /usr/lib/kaffe/bin/java Server
java.io.IOException: Protocol not available
   at gnu.java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept (PlainSocketImpl.java)
   at gnu.java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept (PlainSocketImpl.java:51)
   at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept (ServerSocket.java:352)
   at java.net.ServerSocket.accept (ServerSocket.java:325)
   at Server.main (Server.java:9)
---------------------------------------

The version of the kaffe program is
    Engine: Just-in-time v3   Version: 1.1.4   Java Version: 1.1
As reported by the program.
$ apt-cache policy kaffe
kaffe:
  Installed: 2:1.1.4-3
  Candidate: 2:1.1.4-3
  Version Table:
 *** 2:1.1.4-3 0
        500 ftp://ftp.bg.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1:1.0.5e-0.5 0
        500 ftp://ftp.bg.debian.org stable/main Packages
I use it on a Debian System.
The other Java Virtual Machines that I use on the same somputer
(Sun's and gij-3.0) work fine with this example program. So I think
that the IOException thrown is not caused by lack of some protocol
in my configuration.

Best Regards:
  Jordan Dragoev Nedelchev
  Jorgo17 at abv.bg