[kaffe] i18n patches for X AWT backend

Atsushi Nemoto anemo at mba.ocn.ne.jp
Sat Mar 6 05:07:02 PST 2004

>>>>> On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 18:45:40 +0100, Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org> said:

robilad> The strerror workaround looks quite generic to me. The
robilad> SYS_ERROR definition should be unified in a single header,
robilad> and cstrerror could be our strerr replacement function in
robilad> replace/ directory. Or we could use the strerror replacement
robilad> function from libiberty or from gcc.

robilad> As far as I understand it, the purpose of the patch is to set
robilad> the locale to "C" before asking for error messages, right?

Yes.  If setlocale was called (during AWT initialization), strerror
may return a localized (multibyte) string.  This breaks kaffe's
Exception.getMessage().

---
Atsushi Nemoto