[kaffe] Question about priorities

Chris Gray chris.gray at kiffer.be
Fri Jun 11 06:51:01 PDT 2004

On Thursday 10 June 2004 18:31, Alexander Boettcher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is somewhere defined how many priorities a JVM has to provide. I didn't
> find something about it in the Java spec.
>
> I'm porting Kaffe to our DROPS (http://wwwos.inf.tu-dresden.de/drops)
> and now is the question, whether Kaffe has to use/provide exactly 10
> priorities or whether more than 10 priorities are possible.

According to
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/
constant-values.html#java.lang.Thread.MAX_PRIORITY>, priorities run form 1 to
10. However it's certainly OK to have more, and IIRC the real-time spec
(RTSJ) actually mandates a higher number.

--
Chris Gray                      /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi        http://www.kiffer.be/k/