[kaffe] m68k jit3 (was: jit3 expert wanted!)

Helmer Krämer hkraemer at freenet.de
Sat Jul 24 03:04:50 PDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:00:49 +0900 (JST)
Kiyo Inaba <inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp> wrote:

Hi,

sorry for not replying earlier, I had an exam on Friday.

> I made a patch file to solve some problem on m68k jit3. In this patch
> you can find two modifications. The first one is suggested by Helmer
> not to emit code for spilling unneeded registers. The second one is
> to comment out a function which emits unimplemented code. (Usually,
> 68k machine instruction is so orthogonal, but cmpi inst can not accept
> address registers...)
>
> Even with this patch applied, m68k/netbsd/jit3 does not work properly,
> but now it compiles 396 methods out of 403 needed for HelloWorldApp.
> It is a big improvement compared with 98 methods compiled without this
> patch.

So we're making some progress :)

Do all of the methods that are not compiled correctly contain
exception handlers (or synchronized(foo){} blocks)?

I'm currently trying to figure out what goes wrong in your
second example ....

Regards,
Helmer