[kaffe] Re: errors on MacosX 10.1

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Thu Jul 15 17:36:29 PDT 2004

In <40F7004D.2040101 at kaffe.org> Dalibor Topic  wrote:
>> ./../../../../kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/systems/unix-jthreads/../../support.
>> h: 128: illegal function definition, found `__attribute__'
>
> Ah, a gcc bug ;) You gcc version doesn't like functions that have
> multiple attributes, apparently. You could try shuffling the
> attributes  around.

those turn out to be only confusion. I apoligize for the wrong report.

They are spitted out by the CPP precompiler, but it then retries in
"basic mdoe and ends up working.

The problem is elsewhere, as I explained in IRC. even if in md.h for
darwin5

//#endif
#define SIGNAL_ARGS(sig, sc) int sig, sigcontext_t *sc
#define SIGNAL_CONTEXT_POINTER(scp) sigcontext_t *scp
#define GET_SIGNAL_CONTEXT_POINTER(sc) (sc)
#define SIGNAL_PC(scp) ((scp)->sc_ir)
#define STACK_POINTER(scp) ((scp)->sc_sp)
#undef HAVE_SIGALTSTACK
#endif

activates,

(I added the macro defs, the #undef is already there)

in

#if defined(HAVE_SIGALTSTACK) && defined(SA_ONSTACK)
static void
setupSigAltStack(void)
{
        STACK_STRUCT newstack;