[kaffe] Re: kjc on m68k/netbsd works.

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Fri Aug 27 10:49:09 PDT 2004

Hi Helmer,

First of all, let me clarify current status of m68k/netbsd. My previous
mail looks very unclear, sorry for my bad English.

# except for configure problem for link.

OK, go into the detail...

Helmer Kraemer wrote:
>Kiyo Inaba <inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp> wrote:
>If the op_subaw_ia is commented out, the sp will point above the
>register save area and instructions like pusharg_x will overwrite
>the values of saved registers, since they're relative to sp.

Yes, this is the behavior I found. I wrote similar picture to verify
my findings. And that's why I reverted Tony's patch.

>> I am so sure that, at one time, even with this adjustment, kjc does
>> not work, and I guess some other fix (maybe done by Helmer) also
>> contributes to this problem.
>
>Do you have any idea what might go wrong in that case?

Well... No, not at all...
My lazy brain said, 'if it works right now, don't spend long time
for Archaeological study' :-) It's very interesting why once Tony
found this added portion made the behavior much better than
without that.

Anyway, that's good time to go back to SH3/jit for me.

Kiyo