[kaffe] good initial stack/heap size in embedded environment

Mark and Janice Juszczec juszczec at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 18 15:10:02 PST 2003

Hi folks

I've gotten kaffe compiled and installed on my Helio.

I'm getting a SIGSEGV when I try to use kaffe to execute a class file.

I've tracked it down to kaffe/kaffevm/itypes.c

It happens among the calls to initPrimClass in initTypes().  I don't get the
signal in the same place-each time I run a different number of initPrimClass
calls succeed.

It got me wondering if kaffe is trying to reserve too much stack or heap.
The Helio has 8Mb RAM and 2Mb flash.  Can I use the default stack/heap size
(what is the default size?) or should I specify one at the command line?  If
I've got to feed sizes in at the command line, what are reasonable values?

Mark

Say “goodbye” to busy signals and slow downloads with a high-speed Internet
connection! Prices start at less than $1 a day average.