[kaffe] Exception thrown but not declared

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Fri Jul 18 01:20:02 PDT 2003

Hi everyone,

Fixing the behaviours of java.text against JDK 1.4.2 I am encountering some
strange things. For example, java.text.ChoiceFormat.parse may raise a
ParseException in JDK 1.4.2 although the interface does not permit it. This
poses a problem because on one hand we want to be JDK compatible but on the
other hand we cannot adapt Java compilers to our needs...

Looking at GNU/Classpath they seem to have some more things implemented but
the strict behaviour is also wrong. (sigh) What do you think we should do
here ? Just pass it through ?

	Cheers,

	Guilhem.