[kaffe] Re: Upgrading autotools requirements to a more recent version

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 3 08:18:02 PST 2003

Hi Dan,

--- Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> IMHO you should wait until libtool does their next
> release
> (since that'll be the first release of libtool that
> works well for cross-compiling), then go for it.
> And go talk to the libtool folks, explaining that
> you're waiting.

O.K. I agree that's a good way to proceed. I'll wait
before the next libtool release before I make a move
on this issue.

I wanted to hear if anyone still objects very strongly
against upgrading our auto* tools requirements like
the month before. If I understand the mails posted to
the list correctly, that doesn't seem to be the case
anymore.

> Cross-compiling is important because of the growing
> number
> of Linux PDA's, cellphones, and embedded systems,
> all of which
> sometimes need Java, and because Kaffe is one of
> the few free JVM's.

There are Linux cellphones? Could you post a link?