[kaffe] jvmpi

Helmer Krämer hkraemer at freenet.de
Fri Aug 8 11:58:02 PDT 2003

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:24:35 -0600 (MDT)
Timothy Stack <stack at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

Hi,

> > > I've checked in some JVMPI stuff.  Its not completely done yet, but its
> > > a pretty good start.  I'll try and get it finish RSN.  Hopefully, i
> > > didn't break anything...
> >
> > thanks! I've tried to build kaffe with jvmpi enabled, but it breaks
> > during linking because a function is missing. I've modified the
> > Makefile.am to link in libkaffevm, and I thought about exporting the
> > missing function, but you seem to use it in jvmpi_kaffe.c with a
> > different signature, so I'm not sure how to get JVMPI to build ;)
>
> Whats the function?

part of this might be actually my fault. While moving the engine
dependent part of the stacktrace handling into different directories,
I also modified the handling of stacktraces themself a little bit, but
forgot to check whether jvmpi was affected or not :( To make it short,
you don't have to call stackTraceFindMethod() anymore in order to determine
the struct _methods* of a stackframe, buildStackTrace() already initializes
that field.

Sorry,
Helmer