[kaffe] Bug Report - javac requires /usr/lib/rt.jar to be part of -classpath

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 04:14:40 PDT 2002

Hi Warwick,

--- Warwick Hunter <whunter at agile.tv> wrote:
> When using the java compiler that is part of kaffe
> I am constantly required to add some of the base
> jars to my -classpath to avoid javac complaining
> about being unable to find things like
> java.lang.String.
> I find this quite annoying, javac should not need
> this. Other Java compilers don't.

sounds good to me. Just make sure that you can still
compile against Sun's or gcj's class libraries with
your patch applied. For example, some interfaces have
been expanded to include new methods in java 1.4. I'd
still want to be able to use kaffe's javac against
gcj's class library to compile programs using them. So
make sure that rt.jar is append at the end of the
classpath option string.

best regards,