[kaffe] Is It a bug? qt-awt

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 04:50:44 PST 2002

HI Sanjeev,

--- Sanjeev Manral <sanjeevm at sanyo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I'm trying to build kaffe with qt-awt
>
> In x86 machine I'm able to build it as shared but
> when I try to run
> appletviewer it gives me exceptions.

What kind of exceptions do you get? Could you provide
an example (small .java applet file, and a html page
calling the applet) ?

> when I try to build it as static  it compiles and
> build kaffe-bin
>
> then it builds and goes into javalib dir and
> Compiling classes using newly
> build kafe-bin.
> after building some classes it goes for a toss until
> I kill kaffe-bin from
> another terrminal.
>
> Is It a bug?

Sounds like one. Could you run make distclean, and
remake kaffe once configured to build as static using
qt awt backend, and once as static using X backend?
Do both builds fail?

bect regards,