kaffe wont' recognize that gmp is installed

sipher   sipher42 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 5 19:46:47 PST 2000

I'm having a problem getting Kaffe to recognize that I have installed gmp.
I got the error bellow so I wnet back and installed gmp and then
reconfigured, recompiled, and reinstalled kaffe.  When that didn't work I
deleted my kaffe directory entirely and started fresh adn that still didn't
work.  I still get this error:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: [exception was
kaffe.util.SupportDisabled
: GNU gmp was not found by Kaffe configure script]
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:native)
kaffe.util.SupportDisabled: GNU gmp was not found by Kaffe configure script
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Throwable.java:native)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:38)
        at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:21)
        at kaffe.util.SupportDisabled.<init>(SupportDisabled.java:22)
        at java.math.BigInteger.initialize0(BigInteger.java:native)
        at java.math.BigInteger.<clinit>(BigInteger.java:30)
        at Freenet.crypt.Yarrow.<init>(Yarrow.java:58)
        at Freenet.Core.<clinit>(Core.java:78)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:native)
Unregistering server from inform0.3.php... HTTP/1.1 200 OK
done.
Can anyone help me get this working right.