BeKaffe questions

Duncan W. McQueen mcqueen at kcinter.net
Fri Oct 29 16:12:39 PDT 1999

This is from a BeKaffe developer (Kaffe for BeOS at
 http://bekaffe.netpedia.net).  Any feedback?

Howdy-

I finally figured out that one of the biggest problems with the widgets
is the way graInitGraphics() sets the clipping region [ Arrghhh!!! Why
didn't this occur to me two *#&^*$& months ago!?!].

It would be easy to resolve this problem if we had a sort of "shadow"
BView for each of the widgets a particular app uses. Does anyone know
how I can get the bounding coordinates of a widget, so that I can give
it its own little BView at the time of window creation? Maybe something
with JNI?