Kaffe's MS-Extensions Will Hurt Java

Anthony Kimball alk at pobox.com
Thu Jun 24 16:57:20 PDT 1999

Quoth Mike Cornall on Fri, 25 June:
:
: Don't do it Tim, not for me, but for yourself. Protect your company. Protect
: Java.
:

It may well be that Transvirtual is already contractually obligated.
That doesn't mean that the GPL Kaffe has to go down the same rathole,
though.  The kaffe.org website says

    Kaffe's objective is not to be a testbed for experimentation with the VM or
    Java Language Specification.... ...we do
    not include changes that do not conform to the Virtual Machine or the Java
    Language Specification as defined by Sun. This policy holds even true if the
    specification is erroneous or downright silly.

If this policy continues to hold for GPL Kaffe, then there's no issue
remaining pertinent to this mailing list, which does not include
Transvirtual's commercial offerings in its scope, AFAIK.