more ltdl stuff and more

Parmelan, Edouard EP510777 at exchange.FRANCE.NCR.com
Fri Jan 15 10:08:27 PST 1999

Raffaele,

> Also, the generated executable does not work, but I will have to wait
> until tonite to find out why (for sure I didn't set CLASSPATH or nothing
> else, as I never do, and my last check - yesterday morning or the night
> before was working fine):
>
> HelloWorldApp ... error compiling:
> Internal error.
> Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
> Exception thrown was of type `java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError'
> Message was `Failed to locate native function:
> java/lang/Throwable.fillInStackTrace()Ljava/lang/Throwable;'
> failed: output saved to HelloWorldApp.fail
I have the same problem and it's related to libtool [again :)].

You should run make install before make check :(

Background:
1/ libtool use --rpath to code into the binary the search path.
   ABI spec that it is check before LD_*_PATH !

2/ lt_dlopen() don't test 'installed' value of the .la lib and
  first check in the installed dir !

Alexandre and libtool team work on that.

Edouard.