[Kaffe] found cause of bug method invocation, patch included!

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Wed Feb 24 01:12:08 PST 1999

On Feb 24, 1999, Moses DeJong <dejong at cs.umn.edu> wrote:

> I was thinking of doing that but I have been looking at the mauve
> project a bit and it seems like they are creating a nice testing
> system that can be used by other JVMs too. Is Kaffe using the mauve
> testing systems right now?

Not really, but we'll probably run their tests once in a while.  Tim
said he's recently hired someone that will probably put some time into
that too.

> I have a bunch of test cases and I would
> rather not duplicate effort by making a Kaffe set of tests and a
> mauve set of tests.

Ok.  VM-specific tests won't be accepted by Mauve, so you should post
these here.  General tests may be contributed to Mauve, but while we
don't use it regularly, we could certainly keep them in our testsuite
too. :-)

> I only have about 50 tests but that is still a lot of work.

*Only*?  That's more than Kaffe currently has :-)

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}