[Kaffe] found cause of bug method invocation, patch included!

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Tue Feb 23 23:48:05 PST 1999

On Feb 24, 1999, Moses DeJong <dejong at cs.umn.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Godmar Back wrote:
>> >
>> > I am not sure what the "right" way to fix this is. Does someone that
>> > knows a little more about the Kaffe internals comment about the best
>> > way to fix this for little and big endian machines?
>>
>> Alexandre had also suspected that it's a endianness problem.  He promised
>> to look into it.

> Big news!

> I have been able to fix the endian problems with JNI and
> reflection in Kaffe.

Excellent, that's exactly what I suspected to be the problem, but I
hadn't found time to investigate yet :-(

I'll install the patch as soon as you provide a ChangeLog entry (since
you're on-line :-), and revert this part:

> -java_lang_Runtime_runFinalizersOnExit(jbool on)
> +java_lang_Runtime_runFinalizersOnExit(struct Hjava_lang_Runtime* rt, jboolean on)

Because runFinalizersOnExit is really supposed to be static, as in the
current Klasses.jar.

Thanks for tracking this down!

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}