[Kaffe] question about where to put new kaffe classes?

Moses DeJong dejong at cs.umn.edu
Fri Feb 12 14:43:37 PST 1999

Hi all.

I am working on an implementation of the jar program for Kaffe.
Part of my implementation is a set of classes that extend the classes
File, FileInputStream, FileOutputStream, FileReader, and FileWriter
classes from the java.io package. These new classes work just like
the files they extend except that they will work with both unix
style / and windows sytle \ chars in the file name. The differs
from the java.io version which will support one or the other but
not both. At any rate, I was planning on putting them in a package
called kaffe.tools.jar or perhaps kaffe.jar but I thought that others
might want to use them so I was thinking they might work better
in the kaffe.io package. Does this sound like a good idea to anyone?
Would there be any objection to putting them in the kaffe.io pacakge?
Also, does anyone have an opinion about putting the jar implementation
in a new kaffe.tools.jar package vs adding them to the existing
kaffe.jar package?

Mo DeJong
dejong at cs.umn.edu