Kaffe on BSDI 2.1

Peter C. Mehlitz peter at transvirtual.com
Fri Mar 6 07:57:15 PST 1998

> Now you can no longer say that you do not know
> anyone who has "successfully gotten Kaffe to actually run".

So there are at least two of us :-) (various kinds of Linux)

> It seems that the initial fervor surrounding the posts about Kaffe org's
> latest business venture (Transvirtual) has died off.  I have not seen
> and responses from Transvirtual to the questions posed in responses to
> their original post, so either they moved the party or they are not
> talking.

It has not died off. It just eats up time like hell to move, look for
partnerships/cooperations, discuss licensing issues, develop our own
libraries (java.lang, java.net, java.awt, ..), and on and on..

We will get more responsive once all of this has settled down. And there
is light at the end of the tunnel: I just got the first complex windows
to re-appear on the screen with our new Xlib layer. There is a good
chance that you will get two AWT implementations at the same time, if
BISS still has plans to publish my last one (which, however, was not
JNI-based yet).

Peter