powerpc port

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Sun Dec 6 17:37:37 PST 1998

 Dave, please direct mails such as this one to kaffe at rufus.w3.org.
kaffe-announce is only used for announcements.

To address your question, the PowerPC port is currently broken.
The missing SP_OFFSET is the smaller of the two problems; the other
problem is a missing sysdepCallMethod.

One group of people did a port and offered it, but they were contaminated
because they ported Sun's JDK to the same platform.  To be honest, I've
never seen a public reply from Transvirtual to their offer to contribute
patches.  Unfortunately, I can't tell you who did that port.

Tom Gall <tgall at uswest.net> reported on Sep 21 that he got it to run
for the most part, but unless I'm mistaken, no diffs were submitted.

	- Godmar