Threads don't work in 0.9.0

manoj at almaden.ibm.com manoj at almaden.ibm.com
Wed May 21 11:26:26 PDT 1997

Hi,

> I got the new kaffe distribution and noticed that Thread-package doesn't
> work at all on my installation. For example, running DeadThread from the
> kaffe distribution results in the following:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at java/lang/Thread.init(line unknown, pc 0x80a3cda)
> at java/lang/Thread.<init>(line unknown, pc 0x80a4d6f)
> at btest.<init>(line unknown, pc 0x80d296d)
> at DeadThread.main(18)

        This is happening because the currentThread function (in kaffe) is
always returning NULL. I fixed it with the following change:
 Replace
        Hjava_lang_Thread* currentThread;
 on line 16 of packages/tjwassoc.co.uk/APIcore/lib/java.lang/Thread.c by
        extern Hjava_lang_Thread* currentThread;

        I think the fix is correct though I haven't yet checked it for
side-effects.
        Manoj.

--
Office:                          Residence:
        IBM Corporation,                   Valley West Apartments,