java.lang.NullPointerException

Gilles Fedak Gilles.Fedak at lri.fr
Mon Apr 21 05:12:22 PDT 1997

Michael R Cook wrote:

> What is this stack trace telling me?

Me got the same thing every time I use javac

>kaffe sun.tools.javac.Main a-a-plus-un.java
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java/util/VectorEnumerator.nextElement(line unknown, pc
effff0c8)
        at sun/tools/javac/Main.compile(157)
        at sun/tools/javac/Main.main(289)
error: An exception has occurred in the compiler; please file a bug
report (java-bugs at java.sun.com).
1 error

>using Kaffe-0.8.4 on SunOS-4.1.4 (I used the `--enable-staticlib'
>configure option).  (The HelloWorldApp executed okay.)

what does it change?

But is there something to do with
assert(npc < meth->codelen);

        /   Gilles Fedak
       /
      / Laboratoire de Recherche en Informatique
     /  universite Paris Sud
    /   91405 Orsay cedex
   /
  /  e-mail: mailto:fedak at lri.fr